In the early days, Winamp was a pioneer and disruptor in the digital media space, and we’re poised to do it again. Today, Winamp is one of the world’s most popular media players available on Windows, Android and Mac OS. If you love music, technology and like pushing the envelope, come be a part of the legendary team!
Lead Android Developer
As a member of the Winamp team, you will do the following:
- Design and code new features for our Winamp Android app that are cherished by millions of music lovers around the world.
- Collaborate with product managers, industry partners, core platform developers, server developers, and QA to conceive, define, implement, and support solutions.
- Build and promote technical infrastructure including internal libraries, unit tests, prototypes, documentation, internal tools, example code, and QA automation.
- Stay abreast of Google announcements and the latest Android APIs. And be an active participant in the Android developer community representing Winamp and leveraging the latest OS features
- Regularly evolve the app to work well on new Android releases and devices.
- Engage with our beta community to discover and address issues identified by Winamp users.
Your coworkers will be happy to know that you have some of the following experience:
- Have been the lead developer of a innovative Android app that was uniquely Android, had great reviews and a large number of downloads from the Google Play store.
- Are passionate about and have a broad and deep expertise in software and audio engineering.
- Are a music lover and an audio enthusiast, and of course you use Winamp.
- Oh, you obviously have plenty of experience with Java, Activities, Services, Receivers, ADB, AsyncTasks, Content Providers, Intent Filters, Message Handlers, SQLite Helpers, Fragments, AIDL, NDK, ...
- You appreciate and contribute to well written documentation.
- You subscribe to the philosophy that elegantly written and maintainable code are not nice to haves.
- You really like fixing bugs as much as you like prototyping.
- You think that today's popular streaming music services don't meet a real music lover’s needs.
Please send a resume, links to apps you developed or contributed to and sample code to firstname.lastname@example.org.